Tuesday, October 25, 2005

quiet day

Time will soon silence the clamor of bleating cries,

And the wolf of doom devour the whole wooly herd.

Each of their heads is stuffed with bloated pride,

But death's slap on the back of the neck will knock it out for good.


#65: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi


I woke to dreams of devastation and upheaval, a headache and eye-ache persisting. I struggle against the pain to make some contribution today. I curled up in bed feeling dead, feeling like decay was setting in, as if I was dissolving into darkness. In the dream, the devastation was caused by political ineptness and loud silly talk, so I was attracted to this motif of a mass of bleating sheep threatened by a fearsome wolf.

Rumi advises simple patience: time will heal. And so I'll let silence rule the day.
 

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Arizona said...

Thank you, Dr Howdy, for your Christian concern for my health and wellbeing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home