Monday, November 14, 2005

feeling close

I whispered an offer softly in the ear of your playful heart.

I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.

You know what's on my mind, you've heard my thoughts,

And now, what I described to you last night, I'll do today.


#1303: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi

Search word: close

This morning I feel close to my lover. Not any particular person or animal or thing. Just close. It's a nice feeling and one that I know will go and come and go again. I'm reminded of a saying in the I Ching:

I Ching 41 (Sun/Decrease), line 3:

When three people journey together,
Their number decreases by one.
When one man journeys alone,
He finds a companion.


During the night we dream and during the day we try to realize the dream. Whenever we are successful, even to any small extent, we feel close, close to our dream lover, the one who knows our mind and always hears our thoughts. I look forward to the day, I look forward to my lover's play.
 

2 Comments:

At Monday, 14 November, 2005, Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

Right on! I can relate...

 
At Monday, 14 November, 2005, Blogger Arizona said...

lol, I'm sure you can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home