Wednesday, April 19, 2006

living without me

Last night my beloved looked kindly at me.

"How," she asked, "will you live without me?"

Me: "God knows, like a fish without water."

"It's your fault," she said, and she wept for me.


#334: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi


Today's verse immediately reminded me of the witty title of Cynthia Heimel's book: If You Can't Live Without Me, Why Aren't You Dead Yet?! (which I haven't read on the inside). Apart from that association, it makes no sense to me, either intellectually or emotionally. Does it make sense to anyone else?
 
...

two further versions available

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 19 April, 2006, Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

Sorry, I'm not thinking about Rumi this week. I'm on vacation with my daughter...

 
At Monday, 24 April, 2006, Blogger Arizona said...

I hope you both have a relaxing and enriching time of it. I will look forward to your return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home