Sunday, May 29, 2005

love's commitment

Today's the day for boldness, wounded heart.

In loving her, there's no room to be distant.

Whatever logic holds, put that aside.

Now's the time for madness, right this instant.


#432: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi


I would like to see a debate between a committed modern Muslim and a committed Muslim apostate, basically as to whether Islam has a future. I tried associated words: aposta(sy), doubt, commit, battle, warrior, bold. The message I'm getting from Rumi is to try something different, maybe even a bit mad, something off the beaten track. That's why I'm going to try to negotiate a debate between doubtless (from FFI) and nbhatti (from Islam.com), a committed apostate and a committed Muslim. This would be a new approach. I feel enthusiastic about this.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home