Saturday, July 02, 2005

soldiering on

I am hungry, I am sated with joy.

I'm a fox with a lion's great, dark fame.

The merest phantom takes my breath away,

But don't be fooled by that: my soul is brave.


#1350: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi

Search words: power, fat, tyrant, martyr, rule, despair, joy

A dark mood has descended on this house - this house that holds my son and me and the cat. I have been hoping that the darkness will yield light but the depressive mood is infecting me more and more. I tried negative ideas with Rumi and he'll have none of it. Only joy will yield a result. And yet, Rumi is saying he is sated, he's had enough of joy. It seems to be time to turn on more aggressive energies. In his hunger, I see a wolf and this, combined with fox cunning and lion power, suggests a strong assertive will and determination to succeed. He is a sensitive soul who can readily be in awe but this is not the same as fear. No, Rumi's soul knows how to soldier on and I will draw inspiration from that today.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home