Tuesday, November 01, 2005

love's holy waters

Tell the night that it cannot claim our day.

No religion claims love's holy faith.

Love's an ocean, vast and without shores.

When lovers drown, they don't cry out or pray.


#232: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi


It's day 1 of my NaNoWriMo participation. I have some ideas to work on but I'm here as part of my daily routine and so I've yet to make a start with actual novel writing. At this stage I'm still tentative, not sure about this commitment. If I do get fired up, I know it will be just like a love affair: torrid, turbulent, exciting, all-consuming. However, I've yet to poke my toes into the waters. I stand on the edge and wonder whether I am not too old for such adventures. All of the participants at my local forum are much much younger than me and I've failed to acquire any older writing buddies. Perhaps I will find one later.

I will go now and play in the waters of love.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home