Tuesday, June 21, 2005

moving underground

When I grasp hold of your hair, I'm in hell,

And those who dwell in heaven I despise,

As if my heart were brought to heaven's meadow

But found that field too tight for it, too narrow.


#664: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi

Search words: shock, vermin, hell

I woke this morning in shock from a dream of vermin, associated with visions of hell. Sometimes heaven is just too sweet and nice and that can be sickening. But then, hell is hell, and it’s not a nice place to be in either. I’ve been left confused and disturbed, both by this dream and by recent events.

I’m going to withdraw into privacy, post this out of sight. Make a new beginning with a more private blog style.

Update: I've decided to come back to the public light of day, after a gentle nudge from Jordan.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home