Wednesday, April 05, 2006

a love spread

All I've wanted from you is to want you,

To spread your love on the table of love, just so.

Last night I dreamt but now the memory's gone.

I woke up drunk: this alone I know.


#1194: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi


ned kelly

Sidney Nolan: Ned Kelly 1946 @ nga.gov.au



Sidney Nolan’s 1946–47 Ned Kelly series is one of the greatest sequences of Australian paintings of the 20th century: Nolan’s starkly simplified depiction of Kelly in his armour has become an iconic Australian image.


I'm currently fascinated by themes around masks (as in the film V for Vendetta) and especially the mask that leaves only an eye slit, as in the Ned Kelly mask above and the Muslim burqa mask below.

burqa

Burqa @ enhg.org



I don't know where these masks will lead. I just know they are there.
 

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 06 April, 2006, Blogger Bob Hoeppner said...

To me it seems that burqas are a kind of perversion.

 
At Thursday, 06 April, 2006, Blogger Arizona said...

They do give me a creepy feeling. It's hard to put my finger on why that is, precisely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home