Monday, June 06, 2005

fall into spring

My mind is set on something quite other;

My love is a beauty unlike any other.

God knows, even love does not content me.

Fall goes, gives hope of a spring like no other.


#174: From Rumi's Kolliyaat-e Shams-e Tabrizi

Search words: order, tidy, neat, mind

An urge to establish order has taken over and I intend to start getting tidy and neat, put papers in order and establish routines. Bureaucracy can become overwhelming but there is a measure of it that is good and has its place. I intend to work on that.

This daily routine is good but I plan to start new writing projects using WordPress. I've been through a few days of feeling down in the dumps. This is the autumn (or fall) mood or phase of the creative process. I can sense spring around the corner.

"God knows, even love does not content me." Rumi is being too enigmatic in this quatrain. He is roaming so far outside the familiar and into the wilderness of differentness that it makes my head spin a little.

I've finished reading (if you can call it that) Georges Bataille's The Tears of Eros which has left me dumbfounded. It seemed repetitive, opinionated, insubstantial, more like desultory notes than anything else. There is too much horror in it. Bataille associates violence, horror, terror, pain, cruelty, with eroticism, madness, ecstasy, the sacred. Perhaps intense cultivation of pleasure creates a corresponding accumulative cultivation of pain. Why should this be so? I don't know except that we have what it takes to explore and we can explore in all and any direction. It's as simple as that.
 

1 Comments:

At Friday, 09 December, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home